By Sian Wilkinson, An 18 Year Old Fashion PR Intern.

Tuesday 23 September 2014

My inspiration to start up a blog



I'm one of those people that need to feel productive and like they have a purpose, whilst this can be great it can also be a downfall as it results in excessive amounts of pressure being thrown onto my shoulders from you guessed it myself! Even in my younger days I tried to occupy myself with volunteering at the local elderly home, just so I felt like I was doing something more productive with my time than scrolling through Missguided's "New In" pieces. Anyway I thought I'd use today to share with all of the inspiration that encouraged me to create my own blog so here goes nothing:

-The first real Blogger that I knew about was the lovely "Lydia Elise Millen" anyone that knows me will tell you about my obsession with the woman! Her blog is genius and it mixes fitness tips and tricks, with the hottest outfit posts around! I think seeing how happy Blogging made her and the success that she had managed to maintain through the creation of a blog was definetly the kick up the booty that I needed.

-I've always been fashion conscious, although of course I'm thinking back right now and I'm not so sure about the truth of the statement. But let's just say I've always had an interest in clothes, but the closest I came to finding out about current trends was looking around me on my weekly Lakeside visit. (Seriously) Over time I began making more of an effort with my style, however the camera has always hated me so I didn't really have the confidence or the reason to begin documenting my outfits.

-I used to and admittedly still do spend an awful lot of time online, shopping, browsing through blogs etc. So it made sense for me to mix my love of fashion and share it with an audience
For a long time I was in two minds about creating one as initially I had no intention of posting images of myself, until one day I decided why the hell not.

I would say the main thing to keep in mind when thinking about creating any sort of blog, is to remember why you're doing it. My main reason was to share my ideas about fashion, and of course to put on my CV! Because trust me as an established or new blogger, it looks great to employers as it shows that you've taken your own initiative and created something unique.

That's it from me today,

Happy Tuesday All!x

No comments:

Post a Comment